In case you've been under a rock: The Pittsburgh Steelers and Arizona Cardinals will meet on the gridiron this Sunday night for Super Bowl XLIII. This years halftime show will feature Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band. Journey will perform during the pre-game show, and Jennifer Hudson will be singing The Star-Spangled Banner.
Where to watch Super Bowl XLIII in London on 1 February 2009:
BBC 1 has live coverage of the Super Bowl beginning at 2300. Highlights will air on BBC Two Monday at 1900 on BBC Two, and also available all day by pushing the red button on your remote. Sky Sports 1 will also cover the game live; Sky Sports 2 will air previews and other football coverage throughout the day. Unfortunately, UK networks do NOT carry our beloved American commercials.
If you have a high-speed connection, you might be able to watch a live online streams of the game at channelsurfing.net. This site carries live streams from US networks, so you WILL be able to see the commercials!
American Meetup -- the largest American expat social club in the UK -- will host their 7th annual Super Bowl Party with more than 800 Americans expected. Venue to be announced. In addition to live coverage of the game, there will be a special live performance by CHEERLEADERS at half-time. Hotdogs, nachos and game food will be available most of the night. Doors open at 10:00. Kick off is at 11:20 PM when all eyes will turn to the gigantic screens all over the venue, which will beam live and uninterrupted coverage of the whole of Super Bowl XLIII from the warmth of Tampa, Florida! Pre booking your RSVP is recommended to guarantee admission. Click here for further details and booking information.
London pubs showing the Super Bowl
- The Sports Cafe. The largest sports pub in London will feature live coverage on two jumbo screens and 58 plasma screens. Admission £15, or £35 for entry and dinner. 80 Haymarket, London, SW1Y 4TE. Super Bowl parties will also be held at Sports Cafe locations in Leeds, Birmingham and Glasgow.
- Bodean's BBQ will host its Fifth Annual Super Bowl Party at all five London locations including Soho, Clapham, Fulham, Westbourne Grove and Tower Hill. Guaranteed Seat with clear view of a 42 inch Plasma Screen. Tickets £25 per person includes: Pre-game tailgate of Chicken Wings and Quesadillas. Halftime Feast of Ribs, Chicken, Pulled Pork, BBQ Beans and Coleslaw. Seating begins at 10pm.
- The Texas Embassy will be showing the game on big screens with projectors. Tickets are £10 and seating starts from 9pm. 1 Cockspur Street, Trafalgar Square, SW1Y 5DL.
- Henry J Beans in Chelsea will host live coverage of the game. Great American food and Coronoa deals. 195 - 197 King´s Road, SW3 5ED.
- The Hard Rock Cafe will feature the Big Game on 18 screens. Doors open at 9:30pm. Admission £15 per person includes guaranteed entry, bar nibbles and one free beer. Sponsored by the British American Football League. Hard Rock Cafe, 150 Old Park Lane, W1K 1QZ.